Principles of Vaastu also applies to Retail and Grocery stores. One must select the location for a retail provisions store keeping in view the Vaastu Shastra Otherwise the store may not do well or even face closure. Some of the Vaastu tips for choosing the location of a retail provisions shop are as follows:
1) The store should face North or East. Completely avoid South facing store as business would face constant losses after a certain period of time.
2) Make sure the store is not sandwiched between shops which are into cutting like salon shop, tailor shop or a butcher store. This way the business will never pick up. Avoid the location even if one side of the shop has shops like mentioned above.
3) Businesses involving cutting should not there even opposite to the provision shop.
4) If possible, apply rangoli at the entrance of the shop . This ensures flow of positive energy to the shop. A small table with flower vase and a pot with water and rose petals should face the entrance next to the counter.
5. The first sale of the shop should begin with sugar, jaggery, rice flour or turmeric powder. Avoid starting the day’s business with a sale of oil, salt or chillies this leads to bad omen and is considered a bad day for the business.
6) The front area of the shop should be used to store light items like confectionaries, sugar, jaggery , dry fruits etc. Avoid storing heavy items in the front area of the shop. Samples of such goods must be displayed in the Eastern direction.
7.The weighing machine should be neatly kept and decorated, as it is the backbone of the business. The signboard should have a beige base with Red or Blue letterings.
9) 10). The shop owner must preferably sit in the South of
the store and the cash box should face North.
11) The signboard of the shop must be well lit and clearly visible.