One of the most shops across demographies and irrespective of gender are Textiles and jewellery shops. There is actually no age bar too as both these establishments are thronged by teenagers to senior citizens alike. While both men and women frequently visit textile establishments for clothing and maintain their attire, jewellery shops are mostly visited by women. This is the reason why both these segments do brisk business especially during festive season. Applying the principles of Vaastu, one can find that both garments and jewellery shops have a lot in common between them.
Given here are some of Vaastu principles that these establishments need to follow:
1.Textile and jewellery shops should always face East or North. These are directions of prosperity & finance and attract more customers to the shop.
2). There must be an area for free movement near the main entrance. This is because most of the customers will remain in the shop only for a short while.
3. All counters like display and cash should preferably be in the South and West locations. Definitely avoid East facing. There can preferably be L-shaped or T-shaped counters
4. Garmet products must be displayed in open racks and not covered by Wood shelves.
5) Avoid a premise with too many pillars and cover all pillars with mirrors and not to left open, This is an excellent Vaastu practise as it will bring lot of vibrant energy and will also make the place look larger. If it’s a multistoryed location like having shops on many floors then the layout should be similar on every floor where the shop resides.
6) Cash counter can be at the Northern side of the shop. The counter should be facing North.
7) Staircases or escalator and lifts in multi-level shops may be on the western side. Avoid North facing staircases as it drives out positive energy.
9) In case of Garment shops the Trial room, if required, has to be on the western side of the shop.
10) Counter staff who help customers in display should always face North or East or North Eastern side while attending to them
11) Adequate Lighting in Milk white must be good in both the jewellery and to shops for a clear and bright look.